The next Day Treatment Cycle starts on July 2 until August 23, 2019. Young Spirit Winds is taking registrations. Please setup an appointment with the Treatment Supervisor.
Young Spirit Winds is an outpatient day Treatment program. We serve First Nation youth ages 12 -17 years of age who are in need of treatment for substance abuse. It is a co-ed program with a seat capacity of 10 youth per session. Annually we provide 4 sessions (spring, summer, winter and fall).
The Youth begin at 9:00 am and leave at 3:00 pm. Transportation is provided for those who reside within the 4 bands. The youth in the program are offered a nutritious healthy breakfast and lunch according to the Canada Food Guide.
Clients who are accepted into the YSW Program will be affected by one or more of the following:
- Past or current substance abuse
- Contact with the criminal justice system
- Currently not in school
Overall programming is delivered using the Holistic Model
- Providing information on addictions and consequences of alcohol, drug, and solvent abuse among youth
- To provide healing, treatment, guidance and assistance to our youth
- Promoting awareness of Aboriginal culture and healing
- Continued support
Topics covered in the day treatment program include:
- Orientation to Treatment
- Addictions Awareness Cultural Identity
- Health Awareness
- Grief, Loss & Recovery
- Self Awareness & Self Esteem
- Anger Management & Cycle of Violence
- Career Planning
- Relapse Prevention & Aftercare
For more information please call Toll Free: 1-877-585-2219.